I’ve had many different versions of a home page over the years. I’ve left traces on lots of different social media sites (but only really use Twitter now), kept a food blogrecipes, posted about generative art on a wordpress blog, even written my own simple static site generator (for no apparent reason).
This is my latest attempt (and I’m sure it’ll stick this time, honest…). Hopefully this will be a place for me to share some of the more interesting things I make and do and even if it’s not much interest to anyone else, hopefully I’ll like it. Keep up to date with the RSS feed.
Gatsby has impressed me with its ease of use and adaptability, it’s made making websites fun again. Spurred on with enthusiasm I’ve also added section of the site for me to dump a stream of the outputs and screen grabs as I make.
Making use of these great things
- MDX - for writing posts
- MDX embed - for embedding tweets and other things
- Leaflet - for displaying big images
- gatsby-plugin-react-leaflet - for working with leaflet
- Littlefoot - for foot note pop overslittlefoot
- TinyDB, pysftp, imageio, and Pillow for managing my stream
- Leaflet EdgeBuffer
- gatsby-source-flickr for filling images in the stream from flickr
- Flickr - yes it’s “old” but for actually hosting photos and providing an API it’s a great option